Why learn Russian and why learn Russian with CREF?
Why learn Russian in Russia? Because…
- With 285 million speakers, Russian language is the sixth most spoken language in the world, and you will meet Russian speakers all around the world.
- It is part of exploring a continent. With the dream of going on an adventure through the largest country in the world and its neighboring countries, learning Russian will be the first line of your survival guide.
- It is to immerse yourself in a very rich culture. Russia has given the world a large number of composers, musicians, authors, painters, and artists of all genres. Understanding Russian means understanding a view of a world culture from a new perspective.
- It is to discover an intellectual logic completely different: embark on a challenge that will give you access to a rich and beautiful language and will expand your thinking and your view of the world.
- It is to have the experience that will make a difference on a resume. Have a profile that stands out, to be the one who was not afraid to engage in the laborious learning of the Russian language to discover its beauty.
- It is taking the opportunity to be part of a growing market economy: Russia is one of the top ten world economic powers, and represents a growing market. Therefore, it has a large number of job opportunities and businesses.
- It’s taking a step ahead of the international labor market: Russian is used in many fields, and it is the official language of many international organisations.
- It is exploring a character and charm that will capture you: the Russian soul is like fire under ice.
- It is learning an interplanetary language: Russian is the first language of space.
Some tips to successfully learn Russian at CREF
- Don’t focus on grammar: it is important, but not essential to start speaking Russian.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes: even Russian make mistakes or hesitate. However, they appreciate that a foreigner tries to speak their language and will take the time to understand you.
- Read in Russian.
- Listen to Russian music.
- Watch movies in Russian.
- Come to Russia to practice.
- Book courses at CREF and learn Russian with teachers who are in love with their language.
Some useful sites to discover the Russian language and culture
Many websites are devoted to Russia. Here are a few: